View our Calendar page to find out when committees will hold meetings.
811 Day Committee: Develops an outreach activity to promote the 811 message to homeowners on national 811 Day, August 11.
- Committee Chair: Dawn Rivard, Public Utilities Commission of Nevada
- Contact: email@example.com
- More Info: nrcga.org/811-day/
Best Practices Committee: Develops a consensus among NRCGA stakeholder groups regarding procedures and laws that protect underground infrastructure during excavation activities conducted in the vicinity of existing underground facilities.
- Committee Chair: Craig Rogers, Public Utilities Commission of Nevada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Design Ticket Exploratory Committee: This committee was implemented in 2021 to explore how other states handle design ticket requests.
- Committee Chair: Rick Torrens, KCI Engineering
- Contact: email@example.com
Education and Training: Develops training to promote safe excavation among excavators, landscapers, and all other interested parties by request.
- Committee Chair: Steve Wilbalda
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Info: nrcga.org/nrcga-damage-prevention-training/
Excavator Appreciation Award Ceremonies/Silver Shovel Award: Develops and implements the NRCGA’s excavator appreciation events in the north and south. Selects an excavator for the Silver Shovel Award based on strict criteria for no at-fault damages.
- Committee Chair: Sal Caponigro, Stake Center Locating
- Contact: email@example.com
- More Info: https://nrcga.org/excavator-appreciation-events/
- Committee Chair: 2022 Chair TBD
- Contact: NRCGA Secretary/Treasurer Dawn Rivard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Info: nrcga.org/excavator-appreciation-events/
Golf Tournament Fundraiser: This committee will develop a golf tournament fundraiser to support NRCGA outreach activities.
- Committee Chair: Bob Ward, NV Energy
- Contact: email@example.com
NUCA Damage Prevention Committee: This is a joint effort between NUCA of Las Vegas and the NRCGA to promote damage prevention to underground utilities.
- Committee Chair: Harold Lefler, Western States
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Utility Locate Rodeo Committee: Develops and plans the locate rodeo.
- Committee Chair: Dennis Bott, Southwest Gas
- Contact: email@example.com
- More Info: nrcga.org/rodeo/
Board of Directors Nominating Committee: Interviews director and officer candidates and makes recommendations on a ballot to the NRCGA one month prior to voting for open leadership positions.
- Committee Chair: Jethro Dijkman, DigContrax
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org